Even though I moved to Australia almost two years ago I still get the occasional email form London, UK Recruiters. I usually bin them after I tell them I moved and they should drop me off their list. The following I just HAD to post as it would have been an insult were it not real. They obviously dug out my 1999 CV as there’s no way I would have included Quark after that time.
I do have experience in all of these, I just can’t imagine I would happily take on all these roles at once without a 70% share in the company!
Roles I discovered in the requirements:
- Senior Business Analyst
- Graphic Designer
- Quark Designer
- Database Manager
- Web developer (front and back end)
- Website editor
- Information Architect
- Workflow/Traffic manager
- Project Manager
- QA, Fact Checking, Copywriter
In fact it made me think it might have even been lost in a time warp from 1999, because of the Quark/Filemaker and FrontPage/Dreamweaver references.
Contract Vacancy – Senior Analyst – Quark Xpress production
(N.B. If you are interested please respond with your availability, required rate and an up to date CV asap)
Your details are currently on our database, and your skillset has brought your name forward in my search.
Please let me know by return e-mail whether the role attached is relevant/of interest you:
Role: Senior Analyst
Start date: asap
Duration: 12 months
Salary/Rate: Excellent rates for the desired level of experience
Global Investments Management Company are searching for a Senior Analyst for a contract role based in Surrey.
Purpose of your role
In this role, the candidate will be responsible for the co-ordination, technical graphic development and production of business related materials like fact-sheets, performance reports, fund reviews, peer-group graphs etc. within tight monthly deadlines. The jobholder will also assist in the identification and implementation of online efficiency improvements. The role also involves working very closely with other team members and across different departments to assist in the implementation of projects relating to fund reporting and business related publications.
- To build Quark documents using automated and semi-automated processes, perform manual amends as required and produce PDF output for director level sign-off, translation, printing and shareholder mailing.
- With other team members to support and develop FileMaker and SQL database systems for publishing purposes.
- To assist in the building and maintenance of departmental website.
- Prioritisation of allocated workload to meet objectives and ensure accuracy, quality and timely production of reports.
- Assist in the co-ordination of timetables and work within agreed stakeholder and legal filing deadlines.
- Maintain strong liaisons with stakeholders to obtain required input data and information.
- Proof read and peer review of reports.
- Ensure procedures are kept up to date and followed within the daily production processes.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and process understanding towards external suppliers.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of efficiency improvements
- Assist in the day to day (style-sheet, grid, colour management, library) improvements of existing quark templates.
- Assist in the implementation of project initiatives cross all stakeholder teams.
Skills and experience:
- Strong QuarkXpress (Mac platform) production experience using style sheets, grids and libraries
- Strong PC experience, including Excel and Word
- Working experience using FileMaker or SQL databases
- Working experience of website builds using FrontPage/Dreamweaver, HTML, on IIS.
- Ability to work to deadlines in a fast moving multi-project environment (Strong multi-tasking ability)
- Methodical approach with excellent attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (daily international interaction with people from all levels)
- Positive attitude, flexible and adaptable to constant change
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Inquisitive and problem solving interest and skills
- Teamwork, commitment and self driven personality
- Exposure to MS Projects, MS Access, Oracle
- Exposure to .Net technologies; ASP and PHP.
- Exposure to financial services industry
- Appreciation of Project Management methodology
- Interest in foreign languages
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE REPLY BY E-MAIL ASAP (ideally) with an up to date CV.
Should you no longer be available please supply your latest CV, your availability details, preferred role, location and rates etc in order that we can update our records.
If this is not currently of interest to you, but may be to a current or former colleague, please feel free to pass my details on.
If you know anyone who might be interested, let me know. I think he’s having trouble filling the role. 😉